Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hartford Artisans Weaving Center

I am taking intermediate level hand weaving lessons through the Hartford Artisans Weaving Center in West Hartford. They have a satellite classroom in Manchester, where I attend class. My goal is to expand my knowledge of weave structures, so I started with an exploration of huck weaving on 4 harnesses, and created a light blue table runner. From there, I worked on 8 harnesses to create a striped huck lace scarf in 8/2 Tencel. The color way is rust, brick, olive and terra cotta, in a narrow stripe pattern that coincides with the weave pattern. The result is pretty close to what I envisioned! I am very pleased with it, and I have learned to warp from back to front with these projects. I learned to warp front to back and have done my warping this way all these years, so it is nice to have a new technique for that under my belt. I am currently planning warps for 3 more projects to work on at home, and hope to get the warps put on the looms before I go back to work in a couple of weeks, so,that I will have them ready to work on as time allows during the school year, on weekends and vacation days.

No comments:

Post a Comment